Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spinnin' like crazy!

Besides last week which has mostly been dedicated to homework doing I have been spinning yarn like crazy! I love my wheel. My last attempt was pure soy silk fiber which is incredibly slippery to spin with on Daphne so I finally swiched it over to my good old fashioned homade drop spindle. Slow going but I enjoy the fiber. I haven't been doing much dyeing because of all the school projects, but I promis I will post when I do get some done. Not too long ago I purchases some fabo 50% silk, 50% cashmere sport weight yarn and it is so nummy. The plan is to use it for my dream sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It is the Hourglass Sweater on page 112. Simple, orange and lovely. Not sure if I will do the orange color or not, I do love the color but it is such an important decision for such lucious yarn. Any idears? Mmmm... I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Also I thought that I should put up some of my lovely yarns here for all to see. They are scrumptious, and of course, I love them. If any one is interested in any of them please let me know. First off here are some of my long gone hand painted yarns: 2 lovely blue and green hues and 2 nice bright red, orange, yellow hues.





No comments: