Saturday, October 29, 2011

Ode to Fall

Here in Minnesota we are lucky if we haven't started wearing long underwear by the end of October. This has been one of those mild pleasant years where we can't complain. The weather has been absolutely beautiful this month and rarely have I seen such bright colors in the leaves since I've lived in here.
Two weeks ago my daughter Teresa had her Baptism and that weekend I was also surprised to find out that my sister was in town. My brother flew her in from San Diego and he and my husband decided to keep it under wraps until the day arrived. We had such a blast! It was really great seeing her after such a long time. I made Teresa's dress from a pattern that I found in a small pack of several from the thrift store. How satisfying it was to end up with a gorgeous heirloom garment from an envelope marked with a .37₵ sticker.

No comments: